Research Proposal Template
RESEARCH PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
Please provide your research proposal, a hard and soft copy to Dr. Sehrish Zaffar at Academic Block MBBS, Department of Pharmacology, 1st Floor, Room 223, Intercom Phone Ext. 468, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org according to the following guidelines.
- Title Page:
- Title of your proposal
- Names of the principal investigator (PI) and co-investigators along with their qualifications and institutional affiliations.
- In case the PI is a student, name, signature and statement of a faculty member’s acceptance as supervisor should be provided.
- Complete contacts (address, mobile number and email) of the PI have to be provided.
- Abstract: A concise summary of the proposal. An abstract will be one paragraph that includes; the overall purpose of the study, the basic design of the study, and possible utilization of the results.
- Introduction: Short background of the gap in the literature/knowledge that you intend to fill. Scope and justification of the study.
- Objective(s) of the Study: A statement of the objectives. The objective(s) should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time bound).
- Study design
- Study settings (place of study, duration of study)
- Target population (from which the sample is to be drawn)
- Sample selection criteria (inclusion and exclusion)
- Sampling technique (e.g. simple randomization, convenience sample, stratified random etc.)
- Sample size calculation. State the software/formula and measures used to calculate sample size.
- Data collection method (how the researcher will collect the data, tool(s) used, validity and reliability of the research tool(s).
- Statistical analysis: (software used for data handling and analysis, statistical tests that will be used for each objective)
- Ethical considerations: (potential risk and benefits to the participants, written informed consent procedure, how the data/samples will be handled to ensure anonymity and confidentiality, storage and labelling of samples, sample destruction post-study where applicable). "Include a copy of obtaining written consent for your research project".
- References: (Vancouver Style). Be persistent in the format both for citation in the text and reference list.
- Appendices: (provide soft and hard copies of your data entry Forms questionnaire in case of a questionnaire study). In case of a multi-center study, provide written agreement of the other institutions involved.
Submission of both Hard & Soft copy of the proposal is MANDATORY with contacts (cell Phone number and email) of the Principal Investigator/Supervisor.
Only those research proposals will be forwarded for Ethical Review that are written according to the above mentioned “Research Proposal Template” OR according to the CPSP guidelines for FCPS students’ research proposals.